Rotel Dip is a homemade appetizer loaded with cheesy goodness that bursts in your mouth. It is made with different kinds of cheese, sausages, and Rotel, which consists of small, diced tomatoes, green chilis, and spices – almost like a Salsa.
It has the right amount of spicy heat in each bite – a great crowd pleaser for any occasion. Serve it alongside bagel chips, tortilla chips, veggies, or pretzels and it will be perfect.
What more can you ask for, right?
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
- 20 oz. chorizo sausage
- 20 oz. spicy Italian sausage
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 whole jalapeno (chopped)
- 2 lbs. Velveeta
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 28 oz. Rotel
- Igotchu Chili Seasoning
- Igotchu Taco Seasoing
- Igotchu All-purpose Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. Pico de Gallo
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
How to make Cheesy Rotel Dip
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Prepare the sausages. First, remove the skin of your chorizo sausages and break them apart using your hands. Then, get your spicy Italian sausage and do the same thing – break it apart
- In a preheated non-stick pan, put the already-prepped chorizo sausage and spicy Italian sausage. Break them into smaller pieces while cooking. Then, add in some chopped onions, as well as chopped jalapeno. Sauté them. Drain some of its juice and set aside.
- Now, let’s prep the base. Preheat Get your dish and spray it up to prevent the cheeses from sticking to the bottom. Once done, put in 2 lbs. of Velveeta, 1 lb. of sharp cheddar cheese, 1 lb. of mozzarella, and a 28-oz. can of Rotel.
- Season them up. Add about a teaspoon of Igotchu chili seasoning, a teaspoon of Igotchu Taco seasoning, and the crowd favorite – a teaspoon of Igotchu All-purpose seasoning.
- Pour your sauteed sausage mixture all over the cheese base. Get aluminum foil and cover the entire dish. Make sure that it’s tightly sealed so that no air comes inside. Cook it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out the dish and remove the cover. Stir the mixture until it all comes up together. Put 3 tablespoons of Pico de Gallo on top and sprinkle some fresh, chopped parsley for added flavor. Serve it with your favorite chips, veggies, or pretzels.