This macaroni & cheese recipe is a family favorite – loved by both adults and kids. It uses different types of cheeses, making it creamy, rich, and simply delicious. It is a perfect comfort food, dinner, or side dish.
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
8 oz. Colby Jack cheese (grated)
8 oz. smoked gouda cheese (grated)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese (grated)
½ cup cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
2 cups half & half
1 tbsp. Igotchu No Salt All-purpose seasoning
1 tbsp. Igotchu Himalayan Salt & Pepper seasoning
1 tbsp. Igotchu Onion Garlic Pepper seasoning
2 lbs. macaroni pasta
2 eggs (beaten)
1 stick butter
How to make Macaroni & Cheese
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grate the cheeses and combine them in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, put 2 cups of half and half. Then, melt 2 cups of your combined cheeses. Add sour cream, cream cheese, and a tablespoon of each Igotchu seasoning – Himalayan Salt & Pepper, and Onion Garlic Pepper. Mix well.
- While waiting for the cheese sauce, cook your pasta. Put 2 pounds of macaroni pasta in boiling water. Make sure to mix 1 tablespoon of salt to the boiling water – it adds flavor to the pasta.
- Now, back to the sauce. Beat 2 eggs and combine them to 1 cup of half & half. Stir and gradually add this mixture to the cheese sauce.
- Add another cup of grated cheese and 1 stick of butter to the sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Drain the macaroni pasta. Once done, put them straight to the cheese sauce. Combine them together while gradually adding another cup of grated cheese.
- Place the mac & cheese into the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top.
- Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.