One of the best comfort foods in a bowl – Zuppa Toscana. From the spiciness of Italian sausage, savory taste of crispy bacon pieces, tender chunks of potatoes, and the lightness of cream, this is the perfect soup to make on chilly nights, especially if you have few pieces of garlic bread on the side.
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
1 lb. bacon
1 medium onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
7 small potatoes (diced)
1 lb. Italian sausage
4 tbsp. cornstarch
4 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. Igotchu Garlic Lovers Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu No-Salt Onion Garlic Pepper Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu All Purpose Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu Greens Seasoning
1 whole kale (chopped, stems removed)
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups water
parmesan cheese (toppings)
How to make Zuppa Toscana
- Prepare your ingredients. Chop 1 lb. of bacon into bite-size pieces, 1 medium onion, 4 cloves of garlic, and 7 small potatoes. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon on medium heat. Once done, drain the bacon fat as we will use it in the next step.
- Get a thick, medium-size pot. Put 3 tbsp. of bacon fat and sauté the chopped onions and minced garlic. Wait for the onions to turn golden brown before adding the garlic. Mix until fragrant.
- Next, add in 1 lb. of Italian sausage on the pot and break it apart. Cook until golden brown, then put 4 tbsp. of cornstarch. This can help thicken the soup.
- Now, pour in 4 cups of chicken broth and season the whole pot up with Igotchu seasonings – 1 tsp. Garlic Lovers, 1 tsp. No-Salt Onion Garlic Pepper, and 1 tsp. All-purpose seasoning. Stir and let it come to a simmer.
- Add the chopped potatoes and let it cook. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes become tender.
- While waiting for the potatoes to cook, prepare your kale. Chop it up and remove some of the stems. You want to make sure that you’re getting the leafiness of the kale.
- On the pot, pour in 2 cups of heavy cream. Stir well. Then, add 1 tsp of Igotchu Greens Seasoning.
- Put the chopped kale and let everything cook for about 20 minutes.