Filled with lump crab, shrimp, homemade seafood stock, and fresh herbs, this Seafood Cornbread Recipe transforms into a delectable main course. Serve with gravy on the side and it will be perfect.
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
4 cups chicken stock
1 lb. shrimp shells
1 cup lump crab meat
1 lb. shrimp meat
4 cups crumbled cornbread
½ stick butter
1 cup onions (chopped)
1 cup celery (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 cup mixed orange, red, and green bell peppers (chopped)
1 tbsp. Igotchu Roasted Chicken & Turkey Seasoning
1 tbsp. Igotchu Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu Greens Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu Seafood Seasoning
1 tsp. Igotchu All-purpose Seasoning
3 tbsp. melted butter
How to make Seafood Cornbread Dressing
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare the seafood stock. In a medium-sized pot, pour 4 cups of chicken stock and 1 pound of shrimp shells. I recommend using ruby red or pink shrimps because they are more flavorful. Season it with Igotchu All-Purpose and Igotchu Seafood seasonings – 1 teaspoon each. Let it simmer and come to a boil. This can take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the seafood stock, sauté the other ingredients. Take ½ stick of butter in a preheated pan. Add in chopped onions, celery, and bell peppers. Sprinkle a teaspoon of Igotchu Greens seasonings for more flavor and add in minced garlic. Stir.
- Put crumbled cornbread into a bowl and mix your sauteed vegetables. Check your seafood stock. If it’s ready to go, you can drain it and remove the shells.
- Slowly add in the seafood stock to your cornbread mixture. Add a few scoops of soup and stir. Then, sprinkle a tablespoon of each of these Igotchu seasonings – Roasted Turkey, Cajun, and All-purpose.
- Put the remaining seafood stock into the cornbread. Then, add 3 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 egg. Make sure to beat the egg before adding to the cornbread mixture. Stir.
- Prepare a medium-sized cast iron pan. Spray it with baking spray so that the dish won’t stick on it.
- Pour the cornbread dressing into the pan. Spread it evenly. Then, top it with lump crab meat and shrimps.