This delicious chicken cornbread dressing is one of the best old-fashioned recipes that you can make from scratch. Pour some gravy on top of this Southern and it will be perfect for Thanksgiving, Sunday dinners, or any occasion!
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
1 whole chicken (slow-cooked)
Bell peppers (chopped)
Cream of celery
Igotchu Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper seasoning
Igotchu Garlic Lovers seasoning
Igotchu Onion Lovers seasoning
Igotchu Turkey & Chicken seasoning
Igotchu All-purpose seasoning
How to make Chicken Cornbread Dressing
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Crush the pre-baked cornbread. Then, put it in a medium-sized bowl.
- For this recipe, I already slow-cooked the chicken. It is infused with chopped onions, celery, garlic, fresh thyme, and Igotchu seasonings – Turkey & Chicken, Garlic Lovers, Onion Lovers, and Onion Garlic Pepper. I will use the broth of this slow-cooked chicken later in the cornbread.
- Now, melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan. Then, sauté onions, bell peppers, celery, thyme, and garlic. Stir.
- Season the veggies with Igotchu seasonings – Greens, Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper, Garlic Lovers, and Onion Lovers. Set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into the crushed cornbread. Either the broth from your slow-cooked chicken or store-bought chicken stock is good. Stir.
- Then, add in the sauteed vegetables.
- Add 2 cups of cream of celery, 1 beaten egg, and Igotchu seasonings – Turkey & Chicken, All-purpose, Onion Lovers, and Garlic Lovers. Mix well.
- Lastly, put the slow-cooked chicken in the cornbread dressing. Make sure that the meat is cut in small pieces.
- Spray the baking dish and pour in the chicken cornbread dressing.
- Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Serve and enjoy.