This delightful, candied yams recipe is one of the easiest ways to make a classic side dish for any occasion. Prepare this amazing dish for your next family gathering and you’ll soon find there’s nothing left on the table – that’s how good it is.
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
4 medium-sized yams
1 ½ stick salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. real vanilla flavor
2 tbsp. Igotchu Sweet Potato Seasoning
How to make Candied Yams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your yams. Make sure that they’re washed and dried up properly to remove all the dirt. Peel them, remove their black spots, and clean them again. And since candy yams hold more water than regular potatoes, make sure to pat them dry before chopping.
- Cut the yams into bite-sized pieces.
- Now, it’s time to cook. On a preheated pot, melt 1 ½ sticks of salted butter.
- Then, add in 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of white sugar, and 2 tablespoons of Igotchu Sweet Potato seasoning. Stir.
- Add your bite-sized yams into the pot and coat them with the mixture of butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and Igotchu seasoning.
- Spray up your baking dish – this prevents the candied yams from sticking into the surface. Place the mixture into the dish, spread it evenly.
- Cover the entire dish with aluminum foil and put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour. If the yams are still tender, you can bake them for another 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!