This cheese grits recipe is very delicious and creamy side dish. It is perfect to serve alongside your favorite Southern food. If you’re a mac and cheese lover and haven’t tried cheesy grits before, you will definitely love it.
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
Half & half (mixture of whole milk and cream)
Igotchu Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper seasoning
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
How to make Cheese Grits
- In a heated pot, add half & half and Igotchu Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper seasoning.
- Stir continuously until bubbles are forming.
- Add the grits. Stir until it begins to form and thicken. This may take about 5 to 6 minutes to form.
- Once it’s thickened, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Put the cooked grits on a plate. Top it with butter and cheese. Mix.
Serve and enjoy.