No matter what the occasion is, Crab Dip must be on your menu! It is cheesy, creamy, and bursting with flavor. When you put this on the table, it will surely be one of the first dishes to disappear.
Crab Dip is the perfect last-minute dip to throw at parties or gatherings. With just minimal effort, you can create a perfect appetizer straight out of the oven. Serve it buttery crackers or toasted bread, and it will be gone in seconds.
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp. parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1 tsp. Igotchu Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Igotchu Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Igotchu Lemon Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
How to make Crab Dip
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees. Shred 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese. You can also buy store-bought shredded cheese, but the pull and the flavor that you get from cheese that you shred yourself is amazing. Dice about 1 cup of onion, set aside. If you want to have some heat, you can also dice 1 jalapeno pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a heated skillet. Add the onion and jalapeno and sauté them. Set aside.
- Now, prepare the base. Put 8 ounces of cream cheese on a large bowl. Then, add in ½ cup of sour cream, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, and ½ cup of heavy cream. Blend them with a mixer on light speed to get it all whipped and get a little air on the mixture.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Igotchu Cajun seasoning, 1 teaspoon Igotchu Seafood seasoning, and 1 teaspoon Lemon Garlic Pepper Seasoning on the sour cream mixture. Blend them all in.
- We’re not done yet. Put 2 tablespoons of hot sauce for a little kick. Then, squeeze in ½ of lemon and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley to add more flavor.
- Now, you can add 1 cup of lump crab meat to the mixture. Break the crab meat up into small pieces – mix well.
- Add ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ½ cup cheddar cheese on the mixture. Then, put your sauteed onion and jalapeno. Coat them nicely.
- Get a skillet and use a cooking spray to prevent the cheese from sticking on it. Spread the whole mixture on the pan and put the remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle in a bit of chopped parsley and put it on the preheated oven.