This recipe is loaded with rich, savory goodness. The cheesy grits are topped with shrimp and flavorful gravy that comes with onions, bell peppers, celery, and bacon. It is perfect for any time of the day.
Let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
Half&half (heavy cream & water)
Cheddar cheese (shredded)
Bell pepper (chopped)
Igotchu Greens seasoning
Igotchu Cajun seasoning
Igotchu Seafood seasoning
How to make Shrimp & Grits in Brown Gravy
- Cook the grits. Combine half & half and butter. Let it come to a boil.
- Add the grits. Stir continuously until the thick consistency is achieved.
- Mix in cheddar cheese. Cover the pot and let it cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the gravy, sauté chopped bacon. Then, add celery, onion, and bell peppers. Season with Igotchu Greens seasoning.
- Put some flour and make a roux. Stir continuously for about 3 minutes.
- Once done, pour the chicken stock and a tablespoon of browning sauce. Let it simmer.
- Then, season it with Igotchu Cajun and Seafood seasonings.
- Add the shrimps. Let it simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put some grits on a plate and pour in the gravy and shrimp on top. Sprinkle some chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy.