If you want a good biscuit to go with just about any meal, then you are going to love Butter Swim Biscuits. They are drenched and baked in butter, making them moist, soft, and very tasty.
But that’s not all, they also have a crispy and delicious outside edge. They are simple, classic, and a side that everyone will surely love – simply amazing!
This recipe is very practical and easy to make. Except from buttermilk, its ingredients are probably already available in your kitchen.
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
How to make Butter Swim Biscuits
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together – 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 2 tablespoons of baking powder. Sifting help remove all the lumps out on your mixture, as well as the dry pockets in your biscuits
- Create a hole in the middle of your dry mixture and pour in 2 cups of buttermilk. If the consistency is too wet, add in more flour. If it’s a bit dry, on the other hand, put more buttermilk. Set aside.
- Get an 8x8 inch baking dish and put 1 stick of unsalted butter. Melt the butter on a microwave oven.
- Once done, spread the batter evenly on top. Pre-cut 9 squares on the batter using a knife.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until it appears golden brown.
- Brush some melted butter on top to add moisture.