Do you want to make the most out of your leftover turkey? Then, you should try this simple and easy Cream of Turkey soup recipe. It is easy to make, delicious, healthy, and perfect for chilly nights.
You can also serve this soup as a first course to lunch gatherings – pair it with a sandwich and they will go back for more.
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
2 tbsp. avocado oil
1 cup carrots (chopped)
1 cup onions (chopped)
1 cup celery (chopped)
1 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
6 frigs thyme
2 cups broccoli
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
4 cups shredded turkey
1 tsp. Igotchu Greens Seasoning
1 ½ qt. chicken broth
1 can cream of celery
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp. cornstarch
How to make Cream of Turkey Soup
- In a preheated saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Then, sauté the chopped carrots, onions, celery, red bell peppers, fresh thyme, and broccoli.
- Add in minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Stir them up.
- Now, let’s add in the main ingredient – 4 cups of shredded turkey. Mix it well with the sauteed vegetables.
- Time to add the Igotchu seasonings for more flavor. Sprinkle a teaspoon of each – Garlic Lovers, Onion Lovers, Sweet Potato, Greens, and Roasted Turkey seasoning. Stir.
- Pour 1 quart of chicken broth. Let it come to a simmer.
- Once done, put 1 can of cream of celery and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir and let it come to a simmer.
- To make the soup creamier and thicker, add in 3 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in water. Pour the cornstarch mixture on the soup. You can add more of this mixture if you want the soup to be thicker.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes or until the soup thickens. Stir it continuously.
- Serve it with homemade sandwiches or biscuits. Enjoy.