This retro cake is very soft and buttery – topped with pineapple, caramelized brown sugar, and cherries. Its drippings seep down into the bread, adding an extra flavor to the whole dish. It truly is a classic favorite. If you’re looking for a perfect dessert to serve on your next gathering, pineapple upside down cake is the answer.
So, let’s start cooking. I got you – I promise.
Igotchu Gourmet Peach Cobbler seasoning
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup butter (melted)
1 cup cherry (no stems)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding
1 can pineapple slices
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 stick salted butter
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Prepare the batter. In a medium-sized bowl, put yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, pineapple juice, eggs, and butter. Blend everything using a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla flavoring to the batter and mix again.
- Turn 4 pineapple slices into bite-size pieces. Blend it in the cake batter. Set aside.
- Now, melt 1 stick of salted butter in a saucepan. Once melted, season it with Igotchu Peach Cobbler seasoning. Then, add 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir continuously until the sugar melts.
- Spray the Bundt pan with baking spray to prevent the cake from sticking. Then, pour melted butter and half of the brown sugar mixture.
- Arrange the remaining pineapple slices on the pan, as well as the cherries. Then, pour the remaining brown sugar mixture on top.
- Distribute the cake batter evenly. Bake it in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.